Monday, March 12, 2007

News Release about the M109R

News Releases
The Suzuki M109R was chosen the winner in this category for setting a new standard of performance at an affordable price. This bike could have easily been nominated in both the Engineering and Styling categories. The new 109-cubic-inch (1783cc) engine features the largest bore of any street legal, gasoline powered engine on the planet – bike or automobile. As such, it is also the only oversquare V-twin powerplant to be found on a maxi-cruiser type motorcycle with a 112.0 x 90.5mm bore and stroke arrangement. Suzuki is claiming 123 horsepower at the crankshaft! And the futuristic hot rod styling leaves no question about the machine’s performance aspirations. The look of this bike says “get the h--- out of my way.” But with a MSRP of $12,399 it is the only 100-cubic-inch class cruiser to be had for less than 13 grand, which earns the M109R our pick as the best value in big-bore cruiser land.
Its nice to see my bike of choice getting some love from the motorcycle press. Seems like most of what I've read is... "mixed" I guess would be the term for it. In part though I think its so because the M109R defies classification. Personally, I've started referring to it as a "muscle bike" because I see it as reminiscent of sixties and seventies muscle cars. I see the M109R as the ultimate "toy" motorcycle. Fast, stylish, responsive... capable of the occasional distance run though not dedicated to the task. Something I didn't think about in my selection process was "value." Frankly, I only thought about affordability in terms of my ability to make the payments. However, if my choice proves to be heralded as a shrewed purchase, who am I to argue?

No comments: