Sunday, March 4, 2007

Wild Hogs

Went and saw the movie “Wild Hogs” yesterday with my two boys. I thought it was a fun movie... especially being a biker. I'm not sure how much “regular” people would enjoy it but I suspect if you're into light comedy, you'd find this movie enjoyable. Rather than go into a movie review, what I wanted to say about it within this context is that the premise hit awfully close to home and made me squirm a little. I think I probably delayed getting a bike a little because I didn't want to be seen as one of those “pretend bikers” like the four heroes of the movie. But by the end I think they'd made a very good point: You don't have to be a 24/7 biker to derive some of the fun and exhilaration from motorcycling. Its perfectly valid for some of us to be weekend bikers... its what helps us make it through the more mundane part of our weeks.

No comments: